Last modified: June 15, 2016
We are committed to guarding the privacy of our all of our website visitors. In the following policy we will outline our procedures on how we will treat your personal information.
In addition to the general privacy concerns, please note that we collect, store and handle personal information of individuals in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and the laws of Malaysia.
This policy is set out for the use of and should be interpreted by users for pipwave.com.
Collecting personal information
We abide and follow accepted standards to protect user information. No method of electronic storage is completely secure. We do not guarantee that your communications, or personal information will remain 100% safe from misuse. You agree that we are not liable for theft, or unauthorized access. You acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information regarding your computer specifications and about your use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths.)
- Information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your email address.)
- Information that you provide when completing your profile on our website including your name, company profile, images, address, mobile number.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications or newsletters.
- Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use).
- Information relating to any purchases you make of pipwave credits or any other transactions that you enter into through our website.
Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
- administer our website and business
- enable your use of the services available on our website
- to enhance, improve, operate, and maintain our services
- to tailor your user experience
- send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you.
- send you non-marketing commercial communications
- send you our email newsletter
- send you marketing communications relating to our business.
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of any other third party’s direct marketing.
Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies for the purposes set out in this policy.
We can disclose your personal information:
- Where required by law
- To a person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
International data transfers
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You hereby agree to the transfers of personal information described in this section
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
We will retain documents containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. All the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
We may update this policy from time as we see necessary from time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
Third party websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and then “Advanced”;
- in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy”, selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Content settings”, and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of pipwave.com. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
- in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies”, and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Clear browsing data”, and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data”.